13 Nov 2015
Agribusiness Executive Management, Harvard Business School, 2002 and 2006
MS & PhD, Purdue University, 1992 and 1996, respectively. Areas of specialization included agricultural economics and agribusiness.
Agronomist, University of Buenos Aires, 1986.
Founding partner of Capital Agroindustrial S.A.
Principal of AgriStrat LLC, a company providing advisory services to investors in the agribusiness sector. In this capacity, he structured the investment of a private equity fund in Argentina and conducted the analysis of an investment in agricultural lands in the United States by an Argentine Family Office and participated in different due diligences in the region.
Earlier, Alejandro was the corporate financial officer for Adecoagro, a leading agricultural production company in South America, where he was responsible for a round of capitalization of the company amounting to USD 250 M, involving both existing and new shareholders, the implementation of an ERP system and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in all subsidiary companies and the establishment of new credit lines for the company’s operations in Argentina and Brazil.
Between 1997 and 2007, he worked at Rabobank International in the United States and Argentina, as a member of its research, merger and acquisition groups, where he participated in several deals, including the analysis of investments in the sector and the establishment of companies in Argentina. He was also a senior economist at IERAL, of “Fundación Mediterránea” and a consultant to the Secretary of Agriculture, Fishery and Food of Argentina and to various entities in Argentina’s financial system.
• Speaker at the annual regional meeting of Rabobank Asia, 2010.
• Coauthor of two chapters in“El Crecimiento de la Agricultura Argentina: Medio Siglo de Logros y Desaciertos” edited by Lucio Reca. School of Agronomy, UBA, 2010, and of other specialized articles.
• Panelist in Mercoláctea, Aapresid and Global Ag Investment Conference.
• Invited speaker at the University of Rosario (Agribusiness Center), University of San Andrés and Di Tella University, Argentina.
• Director of honors works at the San Andrés University.
• Guest lecturer, CEMA University, Argentina, responsible for the course “Macroeconomics and Agribusinesses”, 1999-2001.
Alejandro Reca combines more than 25 years of experience in financial and agribusiness markets.